FILTERED BY TAG:

Morrinsville

X
Supplied by the Morrinsville Museum, published in Morrinsville News, 28 May 2015 It is a common mistake to believe that Thomas and Samuel Morrin were born in Scotland or that both brothers ran the Lockerbie Estate. Both brothers were born in Quebec, Canada.  It was Thom...
Read more
Supplied by the Morrinsville Heritage Centre, published in Morrinsville News, 23 April 2015. Mr George Howie was born in Wanganui in 1855 and in December 1910 purchased 86 acres in the eastern part of Morrinsville, this included his residence at 382 Thames Street, ‘Lo...
Read more
Provided by the Morrinsville Heritage Centre, published in Morrinsville News, 26 March 2015. On 1 March 1876 the first Post Office was opened in the Jolly Cripple Hotel and Mowbray was appointed Postmaster a month later.  The Post Office was originally called Waitoa but...
Read more

Port Brothers Limited

February 12, 2015
Provided by John Walsh, published in Morrinsville News, 12 February 2015. Port Brothers Ltd was once a well known thriving engineering firm, that was established at Kereone, by Jack and Max Port, up on a hill, behind the [now nonexistent] Kiwitahi Ra...
Read more
 

This product has been added to your cart

CHECKOUT