Morrinsville Museum Historical Society
A brief history ...
Morrinsville Museum Historical Society operating as the Morrinsville Museum has a committee of ten. A manager overviews the operation of the museum with both committee members and volunteers undertaking the tasks that enable the museum to operate as a fully function museum offering an archival service, research and exhibitions and displays for visitors.
Meet the Morrinsville Museum Historical Society Committee Members
Carol de Haas
Photo of voluteers 2021 Volunteer Week celebration
We extend our warm thanks to our partners and funders for their wonderful support
- We thank Cooper Aitken for their accounting support they give us throughout each year.
- Matamata Piako District Council fund us for a large portion of the salary we pay for our Manager.
- Morrinsville News enables us to use articles about the history of Morrinsville from their newspapers for our blog.
- Simon Reynolds has gifted us free of charge the video clips of our museum for the website.
We extend our warm thanks to our donors for their wonderful contributions
- Bevin and Jean Bodmin have enabled us to purchase solar panels.
- Terry Bruff has enabled us to purchase new storage facilities.
- A donation by Jock Seales will be used for the new model of the Morrinsville railway station in the 1950s.
41 Canada Street, Morrinsville (opposite the Public Library)
P. 07 889 4190
- Monday to Friday from 11.00am to 4.00pm
- First Saturday of the month open for Morrinsville Market Day from 9.00am to 1.00pm
- Sunday from 11.00am to 3.00pm.